There will be no SFO opportunity for FY24 but is anticipated to be released in FY25.
Announcement Number: TBD
Anticipated Released: TBD
Notice of Intent due: Open, close TBD
Pre-Proposals (if needed) Due: TBD
Due to NSPIRES: TBD
Click here to view last years CAN: Suborbital Flight Opportunity. Based on past solicitations no major changes are anticipated.
The NASA EPSCoR SFO project shall perform scientific and/or technical research in a suborbital environment that supports NASA’s strategic research and technology development priorities.
Eligibility: Faculty throughout Iowa, particularly junior faculty, women, and members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. NASA EPSCoR has no citizenship requirements; however, it should be noted that foreign nationals are not normally allowed into NASA Centers.
Funding: Iowa may submit only one proposal in accordance with EPSCoR Eligibility and Proposal Acceptance. Awards of up to $250,000 to be spent over a three-year period will be made, with no cost-share requirement. Proposal must include a commercial flight provider called out by name, the costs of which will be rolled up in addition to the $250,000 in research costs.
Notice of Intent
A Notice of Intent is required for this solicitation to determine if a pre-proposal stage of competition is necessary. Please submit your NOI here: SFO NOI
The program parameters are:
- It is estimated that up to four (4) proposals may be selected for funding
- The maximum funding request per proposal is $250,000 (research costs + F&A) plus costs associated with flight services (+ F&A) costs. This amount is to be expended over a three-year period. (Your total budget, therefore, will likely be over $250,000.)
- There is no cost share requirement for this opportunity.
- The flight provider cost and its applicable F&A is to be listed in the budget in addition to the $250,000 in research costs. (The flight costs are not considered a subaward, so please do not list as such in your budget. It can be a sole source purchase.)
- The anticipated start date may be negotiated with the NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC) Grants Officer.
- A maximum of one proposal will be selected to go forward from the State of Iowa. The Iowa NASA EPSCoR Technical Advisory Committee will select the winning proposal if multiple proposals are received, and pre-proposals will be due to the Iowa office on February 17th, 2023, if needed.
- Please follow your institutional protocol for proposal and budget creation and submission to the Iowa NASA EPSCoR Office. You may reach out to email@example.com with questions.
- It is the PI’s responsibility to read the CAN in its entirety.
To download this request for proposals as a PDF, click here.