Announcement Number: TBD
Anticipated NASA Solicitation Release: Mid-August, 2023
Intention to submit due: September 1st, 2023
Pre-Proposals to Iowa NASA EPSCoR (INE) office*: September 25th, 2023
Pre-Proposal Selection Notice*: October 2nd, 2023
Proposals due to INE office: November 6th, 2023
Proposals due to NSPIRES*: Anticipated Nov. 13, 2023
NASA’s Office of STEM Engagement (OSTEM), in collaboration with the Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD), Science Mission Directorate (SMD) Planetary Science Division, Earth Science Division, Biological and Physical Sciences Division, Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD), and the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD) Commercial Space Capabilities Office (CSCO), along with the Marshall Spaceflight Center (MSFC), Goddard Spaceflight Center (GSFC), and the Office of the Chief Health and Medical Officer (OCHMO), solicits proposals for the fiscal year 2024 NASA Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) Rapid Response Research (R3) program. The FY2024 R3 solicitation is expected to be similar to the previous FY23 solicitation.
For reference to view the previous year’s CAN in its entirety: FY2023 R3 CAN
Eligibility: Jurisdictions that are EPSCoR eligible are able to compete. Each jurisdiction is allowed to submit six proposals for this solicitation. If there are more than six proposers that intend to submit to the call, the Iowa NASA EPSCoR Technical Advisory Committee will select the stronger proposal for submission. Submit Notice of Intent here: R3 NOI, by September 1st, 2023. Please include the research topic identifier (Listed in section 7 of the CAN) your proposal is intended for to ensure the proposal is sent to the correct NASA office for review.
Funding: Jurisdictions responding to this Cooperative Agreement Notice (CAN) may submit six proposals for this NOFO in accordance with EPSCoR Eligibility and Proposal Acceptance. Proposals will be selected from this solicitation for FY 2024 funding. It is anticipated that approximately (30) awards of up to $100,000 each for a period of performance not to exceed one year each. There is no cost-share requirement for these awards.
Proposal Review Process
*In the case of multiple proposals per NASA office, the Iowa NASA EPSCoR program will hold an internal competition using a Technical Advisory Committee, which is comprised of members from the research community, government, and industry, under the management of our Director, Dr. Sara Nelson. As a panel, reviewers will recommend one proposal to be submitted. Reviews will follow the same evaluation criteria described in the CAN.
Once submission intentions are received, PIs will be notified via email if a pre-proposal is needed for down-selection. If this is the case, pre-proposals will be due to the Iowa NASA EPSCoR office by October 2nd, 2023.
Proposal Submission Process
- Please read the Cooperative Agreement Notice for proposal requirements.
- The cover page is electronically created through the NSPIRES submission process.
- The Iowa NASA EPSCoR office will submit the proposals to NSPIRES, with the NASA requirement that our Director is listed as the administrative PI for each proposal.
- Proposals must be submitted by the Iowa NASA EPSCoR Director through NSPIRES. Proposals submitted directly by researchers will not be accepted.
- All members of your research team MUST be registered in NSPIRES
- Your budget should be created with assistance from your respective department.
- For Iowa State University submissions, Streamlyne must be used to create a proposal document, listing Sara Nelson as the PI. For other Iowa Universities, this process will be completed for you.
- Please submit all proposal materials to: R3 Submission
To download a hard copy of this request for proposals, click here: Iowa NASA EPSCoR FY2023 R3