Announcement Number: NNH22ZHA004C
*The due date has passed. This opportunity is now closed.
Intention to submit due: 1/28/22
Proposals due to Iowa office: 3/1/22
Proposals due to NSPIRES*: 3/15/22
*Proposals must be submitted by the Iowa NASA EPSCoR Director through NSPIRES. Proposals submitted directly by researchers will not be accepted.
NASA’s Office of STEM Engagement (OSTEM), in collaboration with the Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD), Science Mission Directorate (SMD) Planetary Science Division, Earth Science Division, Biological and Physical Sciences Division, Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD), and the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD) Commercial Space Capabilities Office (CSCO), along with the Marshall Spaceflight Center (MSFC), Goddard Spaceflight Center (GSFC), and the Office of the Chief Health and Medical Officer (OCHMO), solicits proposals for the fiscal year 2022 NASA Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) Rapid Response Research (R3) program.
To view the CAN in its entirety: FY2022 R3 CAN
Eligibility: Jurisdictions that are EPSCoR eligible are able to compete. Each jurisdiction is allowed one proposal per NASA office solicitation listed in the CAN. If there are multiple proposals per NASA office, the Iowa NASA EPSCoR Technical Advisory Committee will select the stronger proposal for submission. Submit Notice of Intent here: R3 NOI, by January 28, 2022.
Funding: Jurisdictions responding to this Cooperative Agreement Notice (CAN) may submit one proposal per NASA office in accordance with EPSCoR Eligibility and Proposal Acceptance. Proposals will be selected from this solicitation for FY 2022 funding. It is anticipated that approximately (20) awards of up to $100,000 each for a period of performance not to exceed one year each. There is no cost-share requirement for these awards.
Proposal Review Process
In the case of multiple proposals per NASA office, the Iowa NASA EPSCoR program will hold an internal competition using a Technical Advisory Committee, which is comprised of members from the research community, government, and industry, under the management of our Director, Dr. Sara Nelson. As a panel, reviewers will recommend one proposal to be submitted. Reviews will follow the same evaluation criteria described in the CAN.
Once submission intentions are received, PIs will be notified via email if a pre-proposal is needed for down-selection. If this is the case, pre-proposals will be due to the Iowa NASA EPSCoR office on February 18, 2022.
Proposal Submission Process
- Please read the Cooperative Agreement Notice for proposal requirements.
- The cover page is electronically created through the NSPIRES submission process.
- The Iowa NASA EPSCoR office will submit the proposals to NSPIRES, with the NASA requirement that our Director is listed as the administrative PI for each proposal.
- All members of your research team MUST be registered in NSPIRES: Registration
- Your budget should be created with assistance from your respective department.
- For Iowa State University submissions, Goldsheets must be routed, listing Sara Nelson as the PI. For other Iowa Universities, this process will be completed for you.
- Please submit all proposal materials to: R3 Submission
To download a hard copy of this request for proposals, click here: Iowa NASA EPSCoR FY2022 R3