This opportunity for pre-proposal submission is closed. If you are interested in this opportunity please submit and NOI below.
Announcement Number: NNH23ZHA010C
Released: January 5th, 2023
Notice of Intent Due: January 30th, 2023
Pre-Proposals (if needed) Due: February 17th, 2023
Due: April 5th, 2023
Click here to view the this years CAN: ISS Flight Opportunity.
Utilization of the ISS will further strengthen the relationships between NASA and the EPSCoR jurisdictions in the pursuit of national priorities for the advancement of science. This use of the ISS will also open new paths for the jurisdictions to compete for and win much larger spaceflight research projects.
NASA EPSCoR, through the jurisdiction’s research projects, will provide the ground-based research. Proposed projects have previously been selected by NASA EPSCoR for ground based research funding. All proposed projects shall be mature enough to transition to a flight experiment with little or no additional NASA funding. Through this solicitation, the ISS will provide the integration and flight opportunity. There are a variety of laboratory facilities and capabilities designed to support a range of scientific disciplines on the ISS.
Please submit your NOI here.
The program parameters are:
- It is estimated that up to six (6) proposals may be selected for funding
- The maximum funding request per proposal is $100,000 for ISS Flight Opp. This amount is to be expended over a three-year period. *proposers are not required to fund launch costs.
- There is no cost share requirement for this opportunity
- The anticipated start date may be negotiated with the NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC) Grants Officer
- A maximum of one proposal will be selected to go forward from the State of Iowa. The Iowa NASA EPSCoR Technical Advisory Committee will select the winning pre-proposal if multiple NOIs are received.
- Please follow your institutional protocol for proposal and budget creation and submission to the Iowa NASA EPSCoR Office. You may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
To view the full RFP click here.